I love a good sangria cocktail but I have not managed to make a batch yet. I’ve been lucky over the years. Either someone else agreed to mix it up and share or I purchased a ready-made type for gatherings. Those store bought concoctions just aren’t the same. They don’t have fresh fruit nor do they have the ingredients that I now know makes them delicious. I ran past this recipe and thought I would share it with those of you in the same boat with me. I plan to whip this up at the very next gathering or just cuz. Whichever comes first.
Homemade Sangria Recipe
Extracted from Women’s World Magazine 8/2011
- The night before, pour 1 bottle of red, white or rose wine into large pitcher and add 3-4 cups of your favorite in-season fruits, chopped or thinly sliced.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar and 2oz peach schnapps.
- Stir and chill overnight.
- Dilute with seltzer or ginger ale to taste just before serving. ~Women’s World
How easy is that!
<Photo Credit: Morguefile.com
<Post inspired by Women’s World Magazine 8/2011
- Derrick: Spiced Apple Cider Sangria (mylifeasamrs.com)