I’m always on the prowl for getting dinner on the table quick and easy. The latest Publix Apron Recipe is the Salmon BLT with Broiled Grapefruit. Dinner – Done!
The great thing about these Apron recipes by Publix is that they give you every detail down to the ingredients to purchase. Even better, when you get to the store, they have a section where staff intermittently prepare the dishes for you to taste before you make the investment (Frantastically Frugal!). When they are not in the kitchen, they have a video running with full instructions like the one below. If that were not enough, right behind the makeshift kitchen, all ingredients needed for the recipes are available to you in one location. It’s basically a full-proof, perfect storm. If you miss the mark on this one, you might want to consider a personal chef.
Take a look at the demonstration and try it out!
Now that you’ve viewed the video, you have to attempt it for yourself. It was delish!
<Extracted from Publix.com>
2 medium tomatoes
1 teaspoon fresh dill, finely chopped
1 teaspoon capers, finely chopped
8 slices Bakery whole wheat bread
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 salmon filets (about 1 1/2 lb)
12 slices reduced-sodium bacon
2 cups fresh baby spinach (3 oz), divided
- Slice tomatoes (about 8 slices); chop dill and capers.
- Toast bread.
- Combine dill, capers, mayonnaise, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside. Season fish with salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Wrap three slices of bacon around each salmon filet (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place salmon in pan; cook 4–5 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp and salmon is 145°F (or flesh separates easily).
- Spread 2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture on each bread slice; top with spinach and tomato. Add salmon and assemble sandwiches; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 660kcal; FAT 36g; CHOL 125mg; SODIUM 830mg; CARB 30g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 50g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 45%; CALC 4%; IRON 15
<Extracted from Publix.com>
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 teaspoons sugar, divided
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, divided
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice each grapefruit in half. Remove center core; slice between each segment.
- Place grapefruit, cut side up, in shallow baking dish. Press 1 1/2 teaspoons butter into center of each grapefruit half (where core was removed). Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sugar, then 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar.
- Place on top shelf under broiler; broil 4–5 minutes or until sugar is bubbling and edges of grapefruit begin to brown. Serve warm.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 130kcal; FAT 6g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 0mg; CARB 20g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 60%; CALC 2%; IRON 0%
This was the easiest recipe I have tried in quite some time and it was so good. I didn’t think I would like the grapefruit but on the contrary, it too was tasty. If you like grapefruit in general, you’ll like this. The only change I made to the recipe was the bread. I used regular wheat bread opposed to the Publix bakery brand.
I almost forgot. Click here to view the complete shopping list.
If you like this recipe, share it and let us know in the comment section if you try it and what you thought.
<Photo credit: Dreamstime.com